Tuesday, December 30, 2008

21 hours, 27 minutes. . . Day 1

I quit smoking. Again.
This is the longest I have ever gone without a cigarette. Unless you count the first 17 years of my life, of course.

I have this sweet little guy on one shoulder, saying, "You don't need to smoke. You'll smell better. You'll breathe easier. You'll get less wrinkles. Zac Efron doesn't smoke. C'mon, be one of the cool kids."

angel bunny

Then I have this little devil camel on my other shoulder, telling me, "Smoke. . . smoke. . . you know you want one. . . c'mon, one won't hurt.".

Photobucket

I've decided that the best way to quit smoking is to be stranded in a cabin in the middle of nowhere (with a McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts ((and maybe a stylist)) ). You can't pop to the store to buy smokes, you can't hurt anyone.

I'm feeling very hopeful this time. We'll see.

1 comments:

Davida said...

I hope you're on day two. I quit almost six years ago after 35 years of smoking. I smoked a lot ( 2 - 3 packs a day!) and I really enjoyed it. I couldn't imagine how I was going to drive a car without smoking, talk on the phone without smoking, pay bills without smoking. What in the world did people who didn't smoke do with their hands? But I am so glad I did it. Until you quit you have no idea how unbelievably stinky it is. Now if a smoker passes anywhere near me I can smell it. So. If you're not on day two, please keep trying. Eventually you'll succeed. Good luck!