Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A great big thank you to the teenage boy at the movies.

Dear Teenage Boy,

Yes, you, the one sitting next to us at the movies Sunday night. Oh, wait. You probably don't remember that there were people sitting next to you.

That's right. You were distracted by your phone. I have to say I really enjoyed being distracted by the bright screen on your phone when you were sending text messages. Thank you.

I also loved the way you just had to rub your legs rhythmically during the movie. It made my day to hear that "sweoosh sweoosh" sound you were making. Thank you.

Your running dialogue was especially pleasing. Each and every "oh, man." and "What's happening?" and "Did he kill him?" really made my theater experience exciting. Thank You.

Thank goodness I read the book because there were so many parts of the movie I missed.

Thanks to you.

Sincerely,

A woman who wishes you would have stayed home and waited for DVD

0 comments: