Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gravy

There is something about Wednesdays that turn me into a food-hound. It could be that Wednesday is pot roast on a roll day at the deli downstairs.
Or it could be that Wednesdays is Schwan's day.

Whatever. . . it's Wednesday. Wednesday = food day. So I'm going to offer a nice little food tip for the day.

I'm not going to talk about the amazing moster cookies I made today, or even the caesar parmesan shrimp.

Today it's all about the gravy.

Libby's country sausage gravy in a can. No, not a jar. A can. Best. . . gravy. . . EVER! I get it at WalMart, but I've seen it at other stores, too. It's so good I could eat it as soup, but that just wouldn't be fair to everyone else in the house, so I actually have to share!

Here is a little ol' recipe to get you started on your next gravt binge.

Kick-Ass Breakfast Casserole

you will need:
1 dozen eggs
1 lb. breakfast sausage, chopped and browned
1 bag frozen hashbrowns, thawed
1 delicious can of Libby's gravy
If you are cool like me, 1 T. Goya Adobo with the blue lid

Preheat oven to 350
In a 9X13 pan, stir in hashbrowns and sausage
Mix up the eggs just as if you were making scrambled. This is where I add the Adobo
Pour egg mixture in pan with hashbrowns and sausage
Poke it around a little bit (that's what she said. ha!) to make sure hashbrowns and sausage mixture is coated

Bake for 55 minutes, or until you can poke it (that's what she said) and no runny egg mixture gushes to the surface.
Spread gravy over the top of the casserole.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes.

Enjoy.




0 comments: